Sunday 1 May 2016

We Need To Talk Part :3

 thought she was saying she don't deserve a good guy like me. How come I was now the problem in her life. Ha! See wahala o. I was already dancing in my mind now I was a guy that had just gotten a K.O. Was that why she got pregnant?
"But..." I was still constructing the words in my mind when I heard the door open.
I saw her mother coming out and following behind her was a fair, tall and huge guy. Since when did they have a white looking bother or a white looking relative. I thought all of them in their family were as black a Lucifer's Bible.
Okay, chill. Don't get this wrong. I haven't seen Lucifer's Bible before and I am not planning on see one nor the owner of the bible. But apparently, someone must have seen it and had told the story. How else would I have known that Lucifer had a bible?
Do me a favour. Whatever you are thinking, keep it to yourself. I don't wanna hear.
I was still wondering what a white guy was doing with a black family. Wait. I am not a racist or anything, it's just that they are so black in their family. Even the darkness of the night get lost in their presence.

I remember one day I was going to pay them a visit. It was last in the night and I heard voices. The voices were so clear but I couldn't see anybody. I was still wondering about the voices when I say two V-shaped white shinning objects in mid air, darting sideways. Fear gripped me sharply and
when I heard the voices calling my name, I jumped out of my skin and took to my heels, allowing my skin to run after me. It was later I discovered that it was Wummi and her brother that were smiling or showing their teeth in the dark.
So where did this guy come from?
"Ha, mummy, good evening ma." I bowed to greet her.
"My son, how are you? Hope you are fine?" She closer and hugged me. This gave me a better view of that guy behind her.
"Good evening sir." I greeted the guy. I mean, he was huge. Only God knows what damage he could cause to my bones if I had dueled him.
"Good evening. Hope you are good." He answered back.
I needed some answers.
"Mummy, is this your son also?" I joking asked but I needed a real answer. Yes, a real answer came.
"That's the father of my unborn child." Wummi said behind me.
"Eh? You say?" I turned around at looked at Wummi with pure confusion.
"We are getting married soon." She continued without stopping.
It was like she was bent on killing me that night. That was the third bullet. I was so dazed that my feet wobbled under me.
I turned to her mother to see if she would collaborate the story or refute it. For a moment I was hoping she would do the second.
I am sure she saw the plead in my eyes caused she spoke slowly.
"My son, we need to talk."
"Ha!" I placed my two hands on my head. "Mama, you too?"
I could hear a rumble in the clouds. I guess the gods were drunk with laughter.

**************************
My hands where on head as I stood at stared into oblivion.
I just couldn't understand what was happening.
First, I got the year call from Wummi, saying we need to talk now this is what I got.
Now not just that, even her mom also is part of this conspiracy, I think I now understand when pastors would say that some people's case are from the village.
Wummi's mom was trying to explain but I swear, I did not even hear anything.
The rain began to drop little by little and I took that as a cue to leave.
While she was still talking, I just turned back and walked towards my car, I swear, I couldn't take it any longer. Well, at least I won't be getting married any time soon.
My phone began to ring, at first I was reluctant to pick the call but afterwards I did when I say the ID.
"Hello ma", it was my boss at the office.
"Timi, where are you?" Her voice sounded like one who was heartbroken.
"I'm at home. Any problem ma?" I made to open the door of my car.
After few seconds, "Will you come to the office tomorrow?"
"Why not? Is there a problem? Are you alright?" I was getting worried for her.
After a long pause, "hmm, Timi, we need to talk."
"Ha ma, not you too!!"

The rain began to pour heavily as I stood there wondering if I was under any spell.

                                             The End

                                                         


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment