Tuesday 23 August 2016

Karma And Machiavelli 1

I recently learned that karma lives. But way before then, decades ago, I learned about machiavelli and his most famous principle, the end justifies the means. This principle guided my every decision since the day I discovered it and it had proved to be very potent at attaining success consistently. I toggled my conscience to become numb as far as my goal was going to be achieved. I rigged the votes to become head boy in secondary school, I feigned ulcer in
secondary school to rewrite exams I didn't prepare for, I killed my sister's pet poodle to.... I just did that for the fun of it. I knew all these things I had done would seem evil but they served their purpose and so it was right to me. I was simply being Machiavellian.
 Now in my early fifties , my life couldn't have been any better, I finished university with first class honours and went on to study political sciences in the best institutions Europe had to offer at the time. I became a state representative at 32 and a commissioner at 40. Of course, I owed all that success to my ultimate principle. Eventually I got a chance to run for the coveted seat of speaker of the house but there was one malignant hindrance in my way, Dr Felix Shittu. Shittu studied with me in Prague and climbed the political ladder with the same alarming speed that I did. Now we were rivals and he was favorite to win. I had to do something about it. I thought about killing him but I knew he would be expecting such attempts, I thought of paying him off, but he had a higher net worth than me, for the first time in a long time, I was completely clueless.
It was that way till I met who I would hopefully replace, the speaker at the time. He told me of a very daring but effective way I could win the seat. I was terribly repelled at first by what he was suggesting but then again, I remembered, the end justifies the means. And so I invested my money in a process that would involve sacrifice of blood for assurance of success. This practice by powerful people such as me was what patronized the captors of victims of kidnaps, one chance and the like. I was required to get any three female teenagers and so I paid in millions to get them. It would be a worthy sacrifice, I hoped. Eventually, the girls were delivered to me, and I took them to the very secluded area in which the abomination was being practiced. En route the shrine, a wave of paranoia hit me as I realized that I had not seen my twin daughters in over 24 hours, they had travelled for a convention with their mother, my wife.  But I quickly shook it off, they had gone via a flight. So I got to the entrance and I was directed to a section where the victims would be contained and prepared for the rituals.

    To Be Continued...


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment