Wednesday 31 August 2016

A Day In Hades 4

It seemed to take hours for his body to fall
There was blood on the bed, the carpet and the wall
Police cars were probably turning around
Neighbors must have heard the gunshot sound
I told myself there's no need to bother
I could just plead for unintentional murder
I watched my wife weeping over her lover

I walked to her and dropped the revolver
I saw only hatred and fear in her eyes
So I kissed her forehead and told her goodbye
She allowed me to pack my suitcase and lock it
Before she picked the revolver to cock it
She said she was going to blow out my brains
Her eyes were wide and bloodshot amidst bulging veins
She accused me of taking her life and joy
At this point, I was scared as a little boy
My hands in the air, my emotions were failing
Finally, I heard the sound of sirens wailing
She said I deserved death and not a court hearing
There was liters of sweat on what I was wearing
I was going to prison or going to hell
My future couldn't possibly have been any less well
She raised the gun and I shielded my sight
I heard a gunshot for the second time that night

     To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment