Tuesday 23 August 2016

Karma And Machiavelli 2

I got to the numerous cages and found the one with the number I had been given at the gate. I placed the unconcious girls in the cage as instructed. Apparently, it was necessary that I  personally carried out those activities . So I locked the cage and headed back to my car. And right at the end of the row, I heard the most unexpected thing. My full name. I turned and saw my wife and my daughters, my entire family, huddled in one cage.

Marsha, one of my daughters,was the one who hit reality first.
"Daddy, what are you doing here?"
I just stood and stared, speechless.
Kimberly, my wife, was getting very apprehensive
"Answer her!"
Now Marsha, Mary and Kimberly were just screaming at me simultaneously .
"You're a murderer!"
"You did this to us!"
"I hate you daddy!"
"Get us out of here!"
But the last one was the one that stuck. I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I allowed my family to die in that hell hole. So I left them, still without saying a word, and went straight to the shrine, I requested to see whoever was in charge but they just asked me to go back very gently. Their lack of interest provoked me so I started raising my voice and causing a scene. And alas, the chief priest did come out. He told his guards to stand down and ushered me into a small room with a ridiculous collection of occultic symbols and talismans. He looked at me for a while, then asked,
"Why do you disturb us?". His accent was smoother than I expected.
So in response, I explained what brought me here and what I saw in one of the cells. And he simply replied,
"They will die"
 I exploded, "I'm not sure you know who you're talking to. I have power, and if you don't release my family, I will burn this place to the ground, and have you all arrested for all this nonsense you practice "
And in that same impossibly calm and smooth voice, he said,
"Then you also, will die". And he stood and walked away.
Before I could leave the room after him, a couple of gigantic men came in, gagged, bound, and blindfolded me. The next time I saw light, I was sitting in a chair, surrounded by about a dozen people including the chief priest, surrounded by other priests muttering to themselves. The chief had a dagger.
In my final moments, I thought about Machiavelli, and how many people he had guided to total destruction just like me and decided, he'll always be karma's bitch.

        The End

No comments:

Post a Comment