Wednesday 22 June 2016

Learning Humility

Tell the world I wrote this. Tell them I said it out loud and I said it with all pride and great humility. Tell them I said it was time this really came out and that when I'm gone, this was the simple childish philosophy that I lived on.

I know I'm arrogant. I smell my pride daily. I write like I rule the mind and talk like I've seen the universe... Take a peek into my head then judge me with mercy.

They say I never say sorry nor concern myself with matters of emotional values and hurt... They say I care little for people but cry daily to change the world.

They say my mind's a dark hollow shadow with labyrinth covered in twisted pills of larva drained polls and pipes leading deeper into more shadows and darkness...

But if you would hear me, let me say this to you today and for once believe me... I'm sorry I'm never what you wish me to be. I apologize that I don't know how to love as you will have me. I'm broken that I'm afar when I need not be. Forgive me because I'm only human and only learning to play god...

Tears fill my eyes for not being as humble as you want.. As caring as you deserve... As faithful as you expect... As available as you pray... But this time I mean to change that...

Not be better but the best that you deserve. A brother who cares
. A son who listens. A father who's there. A man whom you can trust. A person who loves and is worth loving.

Not because I know how to be all those just yet... But because I truly love as my father loves and I know that when we are gone, love is all we would have had left. And only love can truly change the world.

You deserve better and I'd be better... I may not know who reads this but my father knows you and loves you so I love you too. And those whom I know I write to you because I mean to.

With my heart wide open. Mind unbroken. Soul outspoken. If you will have me. Please know that I'm sorry where I need be. Thankful as I should be. Love you how I love me. And with you when you need me.

I know success is not final and failure is not fatal. I know that it is what we do afterwards that counts. To those I've impressed I owe more. To those I've failed, please allow me try again. We all want to be better.

We can change the world one mind at a time, but we must begin by healing those we hurt... I have begun. Would you join me?



Scott C. Eneje. (Learning Humility)

No comments:

Post a Comment