Saturday 30 April 2016

We Need To Talk : Part 2.

She shook her head like someone that pitied a guy that had been shot. In my case, I had been shot to death.
"No oo." She shook her head. "Now I have seen your true self. I have made up my mind."
"Ha, Wummi, I'm sorry na. It was a mistake. Okay, should I propose? I will propose." My heart was racing faster than a Ferrari I was just praying that she would say no. And she did.
"Noo. I don't want."
"But why?" I asked as I pleaded with her. I tried getting hold of her skirt but she moved too quickly and my face kissed the sandy ground.
It was already decided. So I got up. There was no need humiliating myself any further. The next thing I heard knocked me off my feet.
"I am pregnant." She said as she threw her face the opposite direction.
"Jesus.", was all I could say
I remembered Paul's last statement. Chai. That guy really need to stop talking.

***************************
"What did you say?"
The sky darkened and the wind blew strongly. It looked like we were going to have a thunderstorm and the waters of the heavens would sink this earth. Well, I wish it would. I mean, it was bad enough that she was leaving me, now she's claiming to be with a child, my child.
She turned her gaze towards me as I sat on the floor. I could see no pity in her eyes and her fists were clenched with determination. What was happening to me? That was the only thing I could say
to myself as a well of water began to form under my eyes.
"What did you say?" I asked as I looked up at her.
"I said I am pregnant." She replied. Her voice became softer than before.
"But how come?" I said as I rose to my feet. "How manage? Since when? For how long?" So many questions were just popping out of my mouth like a loose cannon but I dare not ask who was responsible for it. That would just be me shooting myself.
She began silent for awhile then she began to sob quietly. She shook her head like someone that was in regrets
"Come on, don't cry." I tried consoling her. "We would find a way to deal with it."
Deal with what? I was asking myself. How? I was wondering. This is why I so hate it when ladies say, 'we need to talk'. Those four words alone can cause a stroke. Jeez, it's just too complex for my liking. Now she would definitely want us to get married. Chai!! This is how people from the village follow somebody, but wait o! When did we have sex last? I mean, we had other funs but the memory of being on the same bed with her seem to be a distant memory. Or was I drunk one day and we got into the mood and did some 'things'? See confusion o.
"But babe, how long are you pregnant for?" I asked as I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.
She just kept on shaking her head.
"I'm so sorry." She said through her cloak of tears.
"Sorry for what?" This was becoming crazier.
"So sorry. I shouldn't be doing this to you. I know you are a good guy and you have a gentle heart. It's not just fair to you."
I swear, if not that she was my girlfriend, I would prophesied that she was insane. I was looking for meat in the pot, she was busy offering me liver. Of course I know I am a good guy. At least I tried.
"What are you saying?" I kept asking her. I was beginning to lose my patience. I need her to talk fast.
"You won't understand." She said as she finally looked at me.
"How long have you been pregnant?" That was the only thing I needed to hear.
"Four weeks."
Four weeks is a month na, I was thinking to myself. But I can't seem to remember doing anything.
It was getting dark and the night mosquitoes had come for their night duty but that wasn't my concern. I was battling with the reality of 'we need to talk'. Chai, see what Paul has caused. I was laughing at him before but now, I was.......oh well.
"Four weeks. Four weeks." I kept saying to myself. I was about to say something when the electrical power returned.
The compound light shone like a Mopol's halogen torch. My mind drifted for a minute but was brought back to reality when she spoke.
"It happened while we were still dating. You were so busy with work and I was feeling so lonely.
I was just staring at her lips.
"I tried telling you but you made me look like I was disturbing you."
Of course you were disturbing. What should I have said instead. I mean, I did not lie. Funny how ladies say they want to hear the truth at all time but you dare not tell them how ugly they look when they put on those heavy mask they call make-up, that day, sorry is your father's surname.
Of course I wouldn't say this to her. If I hear say I talk.
"I didn't deserve what you put me through, no, I don't deserve you. I don't deserve you at all."
My eyes shot wide open. I swear, if anything had moved that minute, I would have seen it.
Did she just say she don't deserve me? You need to say the way I was dancing in my spirit. Although I dare not move my body physically but in my mind I was already popping a bottle of wine.
I have never heard a lady that to me before. I was already smiling but was soon given the punch of my life.
"I don't deserve you at all. God knows I tried and that I don't deserve any form of problem in my life. You were becoming a problem to me, I swear."
"Eh?" My eyes were already wide open, so my mouth too followed.

       To Be Continued...



                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment